Friday 20 February 2009

Sponsorship update

As per my last post I am not running again until Sunday where I'm scheduled to do 15 miles. So Friday morning I could get up without the trepidation of knowing there was an early morning run waiting to hurt me. I worked from home Friday and come the end of the day I strolled down't to pub at the end of the road with Sharon and the 2 cherubs. As I have mentioned before my local, the Princess Victoria have kindly agreed to sponsor me and advertise my cause on their website/blog. Until Friday the latter had been done but I had seen no sign of cold hard cash. This has all changed. Matt, the co-owner and award winning sommelier and award winning Australian (follow the link) approached me and in his aussie twang asked "So this run, how many clicks is it?". Luckily living in "Da Bush" I speak to our antipodean cousins regularly and I have also read an Andy McNab book so I knew a "klick" was a Kilometre. Unfortunately I was very honest and replied "42k Matt". Matt disappeared off and hit buttons on his calculator and came but offering £3.50 per klick then rounded this up. So I am delighted to announce that the Princess Victoria will be donating £150 to Baby Lifeline.

Many thanks guys.

No comments: