Monday 16 February 2009

Road to Recovery


It's now Monday and I think the foot is probably good enough to run on again. Sunday was unfortunately another missed long run, instead I had to settle for one and a half hours on the exercise bike. So it was up at 7am with the kids and down for breakfast. Sharon was taking them to early mass so needed to be out the door by 9am or feel the wrath of the big man upstairs. When Sharon and the little people left I headed to the shed/gym/office. Soon I was in the saddle watching a combination of Something for the Weekend and Sky Sports New occasionally broken up by Absolute radio. Once again the bike ride was extremely boring, the most excitement coming from listening to the 2 squirrels having a fight on the roof then one jumping off only to be chased by our cat Lula. I went through the normal stages of saddle soreness - slight ache, tingling, creeping numbness, conversion into a hermaphrodite. Although boring the exercise is good, I cover around 50 kilometres and exercise muscles that running doesn't so much. I can't believe rather than sitting and cycling in a fairly comfortable shed with water bottle, TV, radio etc I really miss not being outside running by the river or Hyde Park for 12 gruelling miles.
Good news is I now feel ready to run again, bad news is that tonight is Baptism Class!!!!!! We're hoping to get Claudia christianed this summer, Sharon so she will be brought up in a faith, myself so we can have a big party and get drunk, Claudia get lots of pressies and it'll double as a birthday party for her. I am starting to question my own values! So between 8 and 9pm tonight I will be sitting in the Presbytery with a group of parents and Father John (arse, feck women, drink) talking about why we want our children baptised and what it means. I think we may stick with Sharon's reasons for this session. My plan is to do an hour on the bike after the class and start running again Tuesday night. Wish me luck.

No comments: