Tuesday 17 February 2009

Back in the saddle

So as I wrote (or did I blog? is there a difference? wow, I'm becoming an existential philosopher, or is it a twat?) yesterday there was no chance of a Monday night run to test the foot. I had an important appointment with Father John to talk Baptism and stuff. Sharon and myself attended the last baptism class and the good news is Claudia is booked in for her Exorcism on Saturday 25th July. We got back home about 9:30pm and true to my word I changed into training gear and headed up to the shed. I decided on a hard and fast 45 minutes cycling rather than a normal hour session so off I rode while watching Nicholas Cage and Christian Slater take on and defeat most of the Japanese army in World War II. It's amazing how screen violence, guns, explosions, tanks and death make a training session fly by. After 45 minutes I had covered nearly 30 kilometres and was sweating like a fat boy in a cake shop. It was then back to the house, cool down, shower and to bed. Great news is Claudia slept all the way to 4:30am.

Stop Press: True to their word The Princess Victoria pub have added an article about my fund-raising to their blog site. Many thanks Matt, James, Shaun et al. Now I just need to negotiate a sponsorship amount from them or at least a discount on the Guinness. I must also apologise to them for the hit their sales figures must have taken since I've started training particularly on the pork scratchings. I will be making up for this post-April.

No comments: