Friday 6 March 2009

A meeting with my sponsors

Thursday and Friday I tested the knee and although a lot better I didn't want to jeopardise my long Sunday run. So I did feel slightly guilty going to the pub on Friday evening and having a few end-of-week bevvies, though not guilty enough to refrain. The key excuse I use in my head is that the pub is supporting me so I need to support the pub. Now as you may recall Matt from the Princess Vic has offered £150 sponsorship. Speaking to Sean (spelling changed to protect the innocent) the bar manager he felt this was a bit tight (I couldn't possibly comment). I then spoke to Matt who seems to have got the wrong end of the stick or boomerang and thinks it's too generous and should be changed to £100 and £150 if I break 4 hours. My opening gambit was £150 and £300 if under 4 hours. At least this way I won't be any worse off if negotiations fail - watch this space.

No comments: