Wednesday 4 March 2009

Hurty knee mummy

It's been a week of highs and lows in terms of training. After the cycle training I awoke on Wednesday with a pain in my left similar to my earlier episode of bursitis. On top of this I woke up with the cold from hell. I stocked up on anti-inflammatories, lemsip and freeze gel was liberally applied (apologies to any colleagues who were overpowered by a menthol whiff in the office). In the evening I helped bath the kids and get them to bed, got changed into the gear and set off for a slow 7 miles. Looking at the GPS I made about 0.12 miles before stopping and gingerly limping home - as think the phrase the medical people use is "my knee was fecked". The rest of the night was spent being miserable, writing this poxy entry and packing my knee with ice...

No comments: